But an official from the port told AFP news agency the craft had docked and the dead and injured had been hit with light weapons fire.
Middle East Eye reported: "Photos from the scene showed bodies of men, women, and children laid out on the ground at a small harbor, covered in pieces of colored fabric". The amount of explosives this drone boat carries is not known, but the rebels are believed to have enough to threaten ships that pass through the strategic sea lanes off the Yemeni coast. SABA didn't say who carried out the strike.
The coalition, which in general controls Yemen's airspace, has not commented on the incident.
Mohammed Abdiker, emergencies director at the International Organization for Migration in Geneva, said the attack was "totally unacceptable" and questioned why there had been no effort to check who was on board the boat before it was sacked upon. The International Organization for Migration, which has operations in Yemen, said 42 bodies had been recovered.
Two missiles fired by Houthi rebels on Friday hit worshippers in Sirwa, western Marib province.
Laurent De Boeck, the head of the International Organization for Migration in the rebel-held Yemeni capital, Sanaa, said the United Nations agency believes all those on board the stricken vessel were registered refugees. He said the helicopter then stopped firing, but only after more than 30 Somalis had been killed. Mohammed was unharmed in the attack.
USA women's hockey to sit out World Championship over wage dispute
But as one Twitter user pointed out, the issue isn't simply a desire for equal wages. In essence, the women's team has pushed for pay equality for over 17 years.
UNHCR spokeswoman in Yemen, Shabia Mantoo, confirmed that a number of refugees were killed.
Mr De Boeck added that 77 survivors who were pulled out of the water were taken to a detention centre in Hodieda.
The war in Yemen has killed more than 10,000 civilians and displaced over 3 million people.
Numerous wounded lost arms and legs in the strike, the Yemeni medical official told AP on condition of anonymity.
The coastal province has been under heavy airstrikes over the past two years since the coalition joined the conflict in support of the government.
Despite the fighting, African migrants continue to arrive in the war-torn country, where there is no central authority to prevent them from travelling onward to a better life in neighbouring oil-rich Saudi Arabia.